Jackie Britton: Partner to the lovely John, Mother to my wonderful children, Grandmother to my gorgeous Grandchildren and Freelance Florist.
Write a BLOG my daughter said. “What’s a BLOG” I said, “Is it a kind of diary”? “Yes”, she said “Well I’ve been doing that for years - writing my thoughts down on paper”, but, she said “you write a diary on the internet for the world to see. The Internet has changed our lives and Blogging is an integral part of life now”. So what does the word ‘BLOG’ mean….is it an Acronym or Predictive Analytics? Well, I looked it up on Google. It comes up with BLOG sites like – ‘Blogging’, ‘How to Blog’, ‘Blog Templates’, ‘Blog Books’, Blog this and Blog that……Aahhhhhhhhh!!!! I scream, …… does BLOG mean…….‘Big Load of Gossip’ or ‘Better listings on Google’ No!….it’s an abbreviation that internet enthusiasts call Weblog. Are you any the wiser? I’m sure some of you are. You can have Seminars on Blogging or Blog Philosophy, Blog Journals, Blogging for Business, Blogging for Art or Music…in fact Blogging on any subject. OK, so I have established that a Blog is maintained by an individual with regular entries about any subject. So who writes a Blog and why? Did you know that Stars and Celebrities write Blogs….Miley Cyrus, Leighton Meester (the new Vera Wang face!), Scarlett Johansson and Lady Ga Ga….to mention a few! Stephen Fry writes a blog! (I love that man!). He’s wrote about ‘Silliness’ ‘Passions’ and ‘Picnics’ amongst other things so I guess anyone can write a BLOG no matter how silly the subject…..it’s an opinion, an idea or notion….it’s ones thoughts or maybe something you have encountered in life.
OK so blogging is the act of writing an online journal……so I am going to write a BLOG. Aahhhhhhhh! I scream….
I have to consider so many things before I can actually post it! Templates….Layouts…….Blog Buzzers, Blog Video Tutorials. HELP! ….Studies of blogging are vast…..There are as many as one million ‘political’ blogs on the net and I noticed a book entitled ‘Google Blogger for Dummies’ well maybe I should get myself a copy….BUT will I be any the wiser I ask myself.
You can write your thoughts and comments on ‘Facebook’ so why write a BLOG. Well, it’s not the same apparently for all the reasons above...... OK, I will write regular BLOGs but on what subject or theme. I have no idea, so for now I will share this thought with you.
Marie Curie wrote: “Life is not easy for any of us, but what of it? We must have perseverance and confidence in ourselves. We must believe we are each gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. You might not realise it, but you are gifted for something. Find your gift and you’ll find fulfilment”
Marie SkÅ‚odowska Curie (7 November 1867 – 4 July 1934) was a Polish-born French physicist and chemist famous for her work on radioactivity and cancer care. She was a pioneer in the field of radioactivity and the first person honoured with two Nobel Prizes in physics and chemistry. She was also the first female professor at the University of Paris.
My gift is definitely not blogging and as for fulfilment…..well, I might accomplish that one day!
By the way, Happy Birthday Elvis!…..your memory lives on!
08/01/2011
No comments:
Post a Comment